Monday, March 5, 2012

And Then What Happened, Paul Revere?

Which word best describes Paul Revere for you: smart, funny, ambitious, busy, luck, energetic, accomplished, or some other word. Explain your choice using examples from the story.

29 comments:

Neda-Mrs.Jacobs said...

I think I would call him brave and busy. He is busy because his is a express rider,and he always rides on his horse. I think he is brave because he carried the chest with John and he didn't let go.

Mark 25 said...

I think paul revere was lucky because he was lucky not to be caught when throwing the tea, he was lucky he didn't get shot at all and especially when he was holding the chest when people were trying to shoot him, and on his ride there and back not to get caught by the enemy.

I also think he was busy beacuse he did all those job like being a silversmith and dentist.

Noah 25 said...

Busy,because Paul was always doing something from ringing a bell in a church tower to riding from town to town yelling " The British are coming,the British are coming!"paul was also a silversmith, goldsmith, dentist, engraver, and barber! As you can see Paul was always doing something.

Janelle said...

I think the word that describes Paul Revere is busy. In the book, it said that he had a lot of jobs and also he had two stores later, became a dentist, and more.

Esha25 said...

I would describe Paul Revere as accomplished and busy. He was accomplished because without him we might have not won the American Revolution. He was busy because he was always up to something energetic. At the beginning of the story, the Author wrote him as" ,One day Paul would be the busiest person in the city."

Elizabeth 25 said...

Paul Revere was busy because he was a silversmith and he made false teeth. He dumped a cargo of tea into Boston Harbor. He also warned the people in Lexington that the British were coming.

Joie said...

I think Paul Revere was a brave,busy,and courageous man.To me those words best describe him.From the story,the author writes that he had many different jobs such as a
dentist,hardware store,and ringing the church bells.Paul was brave because he risked his life to save his people from the British on his Big Ride.From my opinion,Paul was a great man.

Alexandra said...

I think Paul Revere is very busy and accomplished. I think he is busy because in the story it describes many things that Paul does and he is usually in a hurry. I think he is accomplished because he kept a store, was a dentist, and an express rider who delivered the news that the British are coming.

Arian 25 said...

I think he is both busy and heroic. As a child Paul Revere liked to keep busy and wander the streets of Boston. He kept himself busy and time-consumed. He liked an energetic and exciting life. Later life, even though he had much to do in Boston He ran off for a short period of time to fight in the French versus Indian War. When he came back he took over his father's silversmithing company. This gave him plenty to do, yet he still wanted to keep his life even more busy. So he became a dentist. Although he had much to do he took on yet another job, a member of The Sons of Liberty. This shows he was also a patriot and a hero of the American Revolution. He played a big part in the war. He was an active patriot and so he participated in the Boston Tea Party on December 16, 1775. After he the Boston Tea Party he even became an express rider. This facts show the heroism of Paul Revere. I believe that Paul Revere was both heroic and busy.

Aaron 25 said...

I think Paul Revere was busy and helpful. Paul was a silversmith, goldsmith, made eyeglasses and made fake teeth. That made him busy a lot like mad! He also went to each town screaming "The British are coming, The British are coming"! That's a lot of work right there. He was helpful because he played a big role in the American Revolution. He helped us win the Revolutionary War!

Meera-25 said...

I think Paul Revere is a very busy man because he was an express rider. He had a silversmithing business and he was a dentist. He was also a accomplisher. He accomplished many things in his lifetime, like bringing the trunk to safety while the war was going on. He ended the Revolutionary War too. Paul Revere was a lucky man. He didn't get shot when he brought the trunk to safety. That's why I think Paul Revere was busy, an accomplisher, and a lucky man.

Samuel 25 said...

I think Paul Revere is a busy and brave man, because he has to deliver a lot of messages back and forth between the conolies. Also, when the coloniast were shooting and fight war and Paul was in the middle with the box, he just kept on going , because he didn't care if he was really close to being shot or not.

Katie said...

I think Paul Revere was busy and accomplished. He was a silversmith and he made false teeth. He was Boston's #1 express rider and the leader of the Sons of Liberty. Paul was accomplished because he warned everyone that the British were coming and helped the Patriots win the war. Then again, He was also brave because he helped move John Hancock's chest to safety through the battle. He was lucky not to have been shot. Paul Revere was always busy, very accomplished, unconditionally brave, and blessed with luck.

Michelle said...

I think Paul Revere was busy and accomplished. He was busy because had many jobs, such as being a silver smith,a dentist, a secret agent,and express rider. I think Paul Revere is accomplished because he was a big help to win the Revolutionary War. that is why Paul Revere is a busy and accomplished man.

Kaitlyn said...

I think the two best words that describe Paul Revere are busy and adventurous. I think that because he was always looking for excitement around town. For example, when he hears that there is excitement around he runs off to where it is no matter what he is doing. He was also super busy because he ran a shop, rang the bells for the church, he was a dentist, and even an express rider. For this and other reasons I think that Paul Revere was both busy and adventurous.

WILLIAM25 said...

I would think that Paul was very busy because he was usually always up to something. All that he did, silver smithing, dentistry, and being an express rider really made life a blast for Paul Revere.

Ruchi said...

I think that the best two words to describe Paul Revere are busy and brave. I think that paul Revere was very busy because he was an express rider, a silversmith, and more. Paul was very brave because he had the courage to slip past sentries and ride through so many colonies. I also really like how the author described Paul-with his coattails flying and his hat clapped to his head.

DEREK C 25 said...

I think that the best word that would best describe Paul Revere is busy because he was a silvesmith, an express rider, a leader of the Sons Of Liberty, and lots more

Bradley 25 said...

I think Paul Revere was a very busy person. He had many different jobs. He was a silversmith, express rider, dendist, and much more.

Bradley 25 said...

I think Paul Revere was a very busy person. He had many different jobs. He was a silversmith, express rider, dendist, and much more.

Serena 25 said...

I think that Paul Revere was a very brave and accomplished man, though he was very often busy. Paul was a brave man because when he was carrying away to safety the chest of important papers with John Hancock, he did not even pay attention to the battle going on around him. He definitely was on the good side of luck to not get shot. He is also brave because he rode through the night, warning the people that the British were coming. He was very accomplished because he was the best express rider in Boston and the leader of the Sons of Liberty. He also sold items in his shops, which were opened because he did not have anything to do at that time. Then, he became very busy with his shops and the war. Paul Revere was an accomplished, brave, and busy man in colonial Boston.

Arin25 said...

I think Paul Revere would be best described as busy, and accomplished. Some reasons being are because he is an express rider, which meant he is always riding on horseback from town to town, and spreading secret messages. Also a hobby of his was he loved exploring parts of Boston and other sights. As a child, he apprenticed under his father as a silversmith. This later became his job, and that gave him plenty to do. He was accomplished because even though he faced many hardships during his big ride, he was able to success. Further more, he was able to move John Hancock's chest safely beyond enemy's reach. He also helped the rebels win the war. Therefore, I believe that Paul Revere would be described as busy and accomplished.

Muthu said...

I think that Paul Revere is a very busy man.When he was a child Paul liked to wander the streets of Boston to keep himself busy.When his father died he proudly took over the job of being a silversmith.As Paul grew up he became the leader of the sons of liberty.

Gabriel 25 said...

I thing Paul Revere was a very busy man. The book describes many different events and tasks that he went through and accomplished. I also think that he was very brave. He was able to stand up against the British. Also, Paul was willing to walk through the battlefield where there was gunfire all around.

Satvik 25 said...

I think Paul Revere was both busy and patriotic. At the start of his ever-lasting careers he would ache in aspiration of excitement. One time, realizing the battle between the French and Indians, he buckled his boots strapped his gun and set out to battle. There is no doubt that Paul was a busy man, being a silversmith, goldsmith, writer, dentist, engraver, barber, and he even rang church bells. With all of this you might think if it is possible to do more. Well apparently it was. Paul was an express rider. One of the best of his time. Although he had many jobs this would add up to be the most important. Paul’s patriotism shows in many different ways. He opposed the government by throwing a cargo of tea into the sea. He was captured many times, but still stood up tall and got right back up. One of his most loyal acts was when he was carrying John Hancock’s chest to safety in a battle. He never worried about anyone who tried to shoot him. He had only one mindset and that was to bring the chest to safety. As one can see, although had hundreds of setbacks he just would stand up tall, get right back up and sat “What’s next”.

Brian25 said...

Brian 25
Paul Revere was a busy and hardworking man. He was also responsible and loyal, he proved this by carrying the chest through the line of fire. Also he is loyal because he told his friends to light the lanterns to tell him if the British were coming by land or water.

Veda Jammula 25 said...

I think that Paul Revere is a busy person because he does two jobs and he does the things his leader tells him that's a lot of work also the book describes it this is why i think Paul Revere is a busy guy

joshua25 said...

i think he was busy and accomplished. because he was a silversmith and a make shift teeth also he was a spy for the colonists

CHRISTIAN25 said...

Paul revere was a busy man. he is always working. how dose someone have enough energy to do all of that. that is why i think he is a very busy man.