Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Fear Place

Doug says that his scout troop would have enjoyed the hike. Would you enjoy it? Explain why or why not.

20 comments:

Arian said...

I would not enjoy the hike if I was to walk the same path Doug walked. Hikes are quite fun to go on, but
a hike so steep and long. If I would have to walk on such a narrow ledge it would frighten me more than it would frighten Doug. I would dislike such a long and narrow road, and I would try to avoid a hike such as that.

Alexandra said...

I would enjoy it for sure. First of all, I like having challenges. Also, I am not afraid of heights and I have done things like that before. The part that might worry me was that there was a cougar in front of me.

Neda said...

I would like it,but I also would think it is a little scary.

Esha said...

I would have not enjoyed the hike. Firstly, I would get tired. In the book, it said that he only had one canteen of water and he could only drink a swallow. Secondly, I am afraid of heights. If I’m scared of a roller coaster ride, then I’m for sure scared of climbing a mountain. I also wouldn’t enjoy it because he met a cougar. I certainly wouldn’t like to come across one. Even though I would’t enjoy it, I would’ve done it for my sister.

Meera said...

I would have not enjoyed because that hike is very dangerous. If you came to the fear place you would be terrified. You can easily slip and fall. It is also very narrow. That is why I would not enjoy this hike.

Elizabeth said...

I wouldn't have enjoyed it because I would be scared to death. I would be scared to death because the ledge is really steep and I am a kind of scared of heights.

CHRISTIAN said...

I would enjoy the hike. I would enjoy it because I love adventures. That is why I would love the hike.

Katie said...

I wouldn’t have enjoyed the hike because it’s creepy walking so close to a canyon where, if you fall down, you’ll be sure to die. I’m not up for dares or risks, so I’d prefer to stay somewhere safer. Though I like challenges, I don’t like ones where you risk your life. I’d say I would never go to a place so scary, especially since I’m a bit of a worry wart with an overactive imagination, which, sometimes, is not a good thing.

Kaitlyn said...

If I were on the hike I would both enjoy and not enjoy the hike at the same time. I would enjoy the hike because when I get to the top I bet the view would be spectacular. Another reason I would enjoy this is because it would be an amazing experience. The only reason I would not like it is because it's so high and narrow so I would feel like I'm going to fall.

Samuel said...

I would enjoy it, because I really like hikes. (Especially dangerous and high ones.) In addition, I really love nature so I would I would really be excited and happy. Finally, I would not want to miss the chance and hiking up a high canyon and be missing the beautiful animals and sights.

muthu said...

Usually I enjoy hikes, but if it is like the picnic hike at science camp thats another story. By the looks of the hike I probably would not like it.One reason is the narrow ledges.I can understand why Doug fears it.The feeling of going on a hike with narrow ledges and no supervision is creepy. If I was on the hike with my friends cheering me on I would not think about falling I would think of trying my best. So I guess my final answer is that I would enjoy it- but only if my friends came.

mark said...

I would not enjoy it. One reason is i don't like hike. Two i don't like getting hot, sweaty, and really thirsty. Three when i like i think of the bad thing it's like having the worries because i think that i might fall or get hurt by a animal. Four the animals some animals really freak me out especially spider and hiking is a way to see them. Five i am scared of heights a little so if we go high it might Those are some reasons why i won't enjoy the hike.

Ruchi said...

I would not enjoy the hike because I got scared when reading the story-which is bad because if I get scared by the book, I would definitely be really terrified if I had actually had to face the trail-and I usually have a railing or a wide path when I hike. I also worry a lot, and I don’t have a lot of willpower. I would get really concerned about falling, and I wouldn’t be able to make myself go on. Even though I would really enjoy the view of a canyon, I don’t think that I would be able to risk going on the trail.

NOAH LEE said...

I would enjoy this hike because I love taking challenges,especially risky ones. I would also enjoy this hike because I like seeing amazing landscapes on hikes.

Serena said...

If I went on a hike like Doug’s, I would have enjoyed it like his fellow boy scouts would have. I like hiking anywhere, and seeing a wonderful view of a canyon would be even more terrific. Also, I would love to view all the wildlife on the mountain, for we don’t see them in the city. I feel better without all the cars and buildings, and seeing just mountains and nature. My cousin calls it “untouched earth”.

Neda said...

I would enjoy the hike. I would think it is also a little scary.I have climed mountains before with my family.Plus,I am not afraid of heights.Usually.

Janelle said...

I wouldn't enjoy the hike because the fear place sounds dangerous and when I am high up I get kind of nervous.

Bradley said...

I might’ve enjoyed going on the hike and I might’ve not. First, I like to be adventurous and read to try something new, but I’m afraid of the narrow path. I like to roam in roomy and wide areas, but I don’t like tiny and squished spaces. I might be okay with encountering cougars, but my mom and sister definitely, positively, and absolutely would not enjoy meeting a wild, enormous cat.

Michelle said...

If I had to go o a hike like that I would have enjoy it and I would also not have enjoy it. One reason I would like it, is that I love seeing the great view and I love adventure. The thing that I wouldn't enjoy about the hike is that it would be pretty scary because I would always get scared about falling or even dying! I would be excited, yet terrifying at the same time going on a trail like that.

Aaron said...

I would not enjoy the hike because it's too scary. The hike has very narrow ledges and you can die from this hike. This is like holding a heavy bomb. Drop it, you die. Plus looking down makes your heart pump like mad. Like challenges? Well you're risking your live. So never go on this hike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!