Do you think Doug would have succeeded if the cougar hadn't been there? Give reasons for your answer.
25 comments:
Arian
said...
I think the cougar was a huge difference for Doug to find his way to Gordon. Since Charlie came to Doug's aid Doug was able to find courage while hiking with the cougar. The stability and precise actions the cougar displayed while walking on the steep edge helped Doug in walking the ledge more carefully. If it weren't for Charlie Doug may not have succeeded in finding Gordon.
I don't think that Doug would of made it if the cougar wasn't there. I think so because the cougar did it really easily and Doug tried to be like him. Also, the that way, Doug had an example to follow.
I don't think Doug would've succeeded because he wouldn't get past "The Fear Place". He wouldn't get past because the cougar showed him how to walk across it. Even though Doug was scared, he followed him and got to the top. If the cougar hadn't been there, he would have been immobile.
I don't think Doug would succeed if the cougar wasn't there, because Doug might have gotten lost and fell off the narrow ledge. Charlie, the cougar was guiding him the whole time. Charlie made Doug take his time because in the book, it said Charlie was walking slowly. Doug believed in himself so he could get past the narrow ledge.
I think Doug would have not succeeded if Charlie was not there because Charlie nudged him to not give up and keep going. Charlie encouraged him not verbally but you can tell that. That is why Doug could have not succeeded without Charlie.
I think Doug would have succeeded, even if Charlie the cougar hadn’t been there. Charlie didn’t really help, just led the way. Though Charlie helped as an example and brought comfort and confidence to Doug, Doug could have faced his fear alone and won the battle. Doug was good at encouraging himself and keeping bad thoughts out of his mind. If there was no cougar to follow, there would always be a path, or at least a place to walk with a border of a mountain on one side and a canyon on the other. It was only Doug’s imagination that kept him scared, there was actually plenty of space to walk.
I think that Doug could have made it without the cougar. I think that because he was doing just fine by himself before the cougar showed up. In addition, he kept encouraging himself that he would suceed. The last reason that I think he could have made it up the mountain by himself is because in my opinion he was slowly overcoming his fear.
I think he will still succeed because he still faced his fear. When I am trying to find something and I run in to a fear, if I face the fear, I would be very proud of myself even though I did not find the item.If Doug did not find the cougar he might be dismayed because he faced his fear for no reason. On the other hand, he might be very proud that he went to his fear place without getting very scared.
No, I do not think Doug is going to make it, because Charlie was helping him ease his fear. In addition, he made Doug think, “If Charlie can do it, why can’t I do it?” Another reason is that Charlie the cougar was actually helping him and because of that, without the cougar’s help; he might of fell off in the middle.
I think he wouldn't make it. One reason is that he might go the wrong way and go back down. He might not know where to go and get lost. And he might end up going in circles and stay there for hours. Those are some reasons why Doug wouldn't succeeded if the cougar wasn't there.
I think that Doug would not have succeeded if the cougar had not been there because the cougar was always there for him just in front and always waiting. It also gave Doug a lot of willpower by finding him when Doug was getting too scared, nudging him gently to keep him going, and showing Doug how to walk on the small ridge. In addition, Doug thought of Charlie the cougar, which made him take his mind off of the hard task of climbing the canyon wall in front of him. The cougar really helped Doug get past his “Fear Place.”
I think that with or without the cougar he would've succeeded because at first the cougar could've made him fall when he just got his wits to keep on going to the finish. Besides, the cougar stopped going and might have stayed there if Doug didn't tell the cougar to keep on going. Brian Faun
I don't think that Doug would have made it without Charlie. Charlie showed Doug what to do, where to step,and gave Doug the encouragement and ability to overcome his fear.
I don’t think that Doug would have made it without Charlie because Doug was already feeling terrified and immobile. Charlie set a good example of how to keep his balance without leaning inward, like Doug was doing. The cougar let Doug take his time and showed him the courage to go on. Otherwise Doug would probably get scared to death and fall of the ledge at his "fear place".
I think Doug would not make it if the cougar didn't help him.The cougar showed him certain ways to go to his fearplace.I also think the cougar gave him encouragment.
I think that Doug might have succeeded even if Charlie hadn't been there. Although Doug could have made it, I don't think I would. If I was Doug, I would want Charlie to be there. It would give me an example to follow. Also with someone or something there, I would not feel as scared as I had been before. Another thing was that Charlie encouraged Doug all the way, and it made Doug think:" if Charlie can do it, why can't I?" I hope one day I will be able to achieve such an achievement.
I don't think that Doug would have succeeded if Charlie wasn't there.Charlie had showed Doug how to go through the fear place by going first and Doug followed her.Charlie reminded Doug of Gordon, so Doug would probably have a bigger urge to go to Gordon.
I think if Doug hadn’t had Charlie the cougar with him, he wouldn’t have succeeded and could’ve fallen off the ledge. He seemed very frightened about the “fear” place, and I think the cougar must’ve given him hope of succeeding and finding his family.
If the cougar was not there to help guide Doug across the small ridge then Doug would have not succeeded. Doug could have been to scared and not have done it, but when he thought about the Charlie the cougar it calmed him down and gave him more confidence to walk across the ridge.
I think Doug would of succeeded without the cougar because he had the strength and faith in himself. If you set your mind to something then you will succeed but if you don't trust yourself well good luck!
I do not think that Doug would have survived without Charlie (the cougar) because Charlie used many simple techniques that Doug followed precisely so he would not fear the danger of falling. Charlie showed extreme stability and swiftness, which gave Doug the confidence to continue to search for his brother, Gordon. Doug overcame his fear just like his dad did, but he couldn’t of done it on his own. If it weren’t for Charlie Doug wouldn’t have found Gordon. He wouldn’t even attempt on crossing that steep ledge.
25 comments:
I think the cougar was a huge difference for Doug to
find his way to Gordon. Since Charlie came to Doug's aid Doug was able to find courage while hiking with the cougar. The stability and precise actions the cougar displayed while walking on the steep edge helped Doug in walking the ledge more carefully. If it weren't for Charlie Doug may not have succeeded in finding Gordon.
I don't think that Doug would of made it if the cougar wasn't there. I think so because the cougar did it really easily and Doug tried to be like him. Also, the that way, Doug had an example to follow.
No, I do not think he would suceed because the cougar showed him the way over the legde.
I don't think Doug would've succeeded because he wouldn't get past "The Fear Place". He wouldn't get past because the cougar showed him how to walk across it. Even though Doug was scared, he followed him and got to the top. If the cougar hadn't been there, he would have been immobile.
I don't think Doug would succeed if the cougar wasn't there, because Doug might have gotten lost and fell off the narrow ledge. Charlie, the cougar was guiding him the whole time. Charlie made Doug take his time because in the book, it said Charlie was walking slowly. Doug believed in himself so he could get past the narrow ledge.
I think Doug would have not succeeded if Charlie was not there because Charlie nudged him to not give up and keep going. Charlie encouraged him not verbally but you can tell that. That is why Doug could have not succeeded without Charlie.
I still think that Doug would have succeeded even if the cougar hadn't helped him because there was only one way across the ledge.
If the cougar had not been than I think he would have slipped and fell. He could have lost his courage and fell.
I think Doug would have succeeded, even if Charlie the cougar hadn’t been there. Charlie didn’t really help, just led the way. Though Charlie helped as an example and brought comfort and confidence to Doug, Doug could have faced his fear alone and won the battle. Doug was good at encouraging himself and keeping bad thoughts out of his mind. If there was no cougar to follow, there would always be a path, or at least a place to walk with a border of a mountain on one side and a canyon on the other. It was only Doug’s imagination that kept him scared, there was actually plenty of space to walk.
I think that Doug could have made it without the cougar. I think that because he was doing just fine by himself before the cougar showed up. In addition, he kept encouraging himself that he would suceed. The last reason that I think he could have made it up the mountain by himself is because in my opinion he was slowly overcoming his fear.
I think he will still succeed because he still faced his fear. When I am trying to find something and I run in to a fear, if I face the fear, I would be very proud of myself even though I did not find the item.If Doug did not find the cougar he might be dismayed because he faced his fear for no reason. On the other hand, he might be very proud that he went to his fear place without getting very scared.
No, I do not think Doug is going to make it, because Charlie was helping him ease his fear. In addition, he made Doug think, “If Charlie can do it, why can’t I do it?” Another reason is that Charlie the cougar was actually helping him and because of that, without the cougar’s help; he might of fell off in the middle.
I think he wouldn't make it. One reason is that he might go the wrong way and go back down. He might not know where to go and get lost. And he might end up going in circles and stay there for hours. Those are some reasons why Doug wouldn't succeeded if the cougar wasn't there.
I think that Doug would not have succeeded if the cougar had not been there because the cougar was always there for him just in front and always waiting. It also gave Doug a lot of willpower by finding him when Doug was getting too scared, nudging him gently to keep him going, and showing Doug how to walk on the small ridge. In addition, Doug thought of Charlie the cougar, which made him take his mind off of the hard task of climbing the canyon wall in front of him. The cougar really helped Doug get past his “Fear Place.”
I think that with or without the cougar he would've succeeded because at first the cougar could've made him fall when he just got his wits to keep on going to the finish. Besides, the cougar stopped going and might have stayed there if Doug didn't tell the cougar to keep on going.
Brian Faun
I don't think that Doug would have made it without Charlie. Charlie showed Doug what to do, where to step,and gave Doug the encouragement and ability to overcome his fear.
I don’t think that Doug would have made it without Charlie because Doug was already feeling terrified and immobile. Charlie set a good example of how to keep his balance without leaning inward, like Doug was doing. The cougar let Doug take his time and showed him the courage to go on. Otherwise Doug would probably get scared to death and fall of the ledge at his "fear place".
I think Doug would not make it if the cougar didn't help him.The cougar showed him certain ways to go to his fearplace.I also think the cougar gave him encouragment.
I think that Doug might have succeeded even if Charlie hadn't been there. Although Doug could have made it, I don't think I would. If I was Doug, I would want Charlie to be there. It would give me an example to follow. Also with someone or something there, I would not feel as scared as I had been before. Another thing was that Charlie encouraged Doug all the way, and it made Doug think:" if Charlie can do it, why can't I?" I hope one day I will be able to achieve such an achievement.
I don't think that Doug would have succeeded if Charlie wasn't there.Charlie had showed Doug how to go through the fear place by going first and Doug followed her.Charlie reminded Doug of Gordon, so Doug would probably have a bigger urge to go to Gordon.
I think if Doug hadn’t had Charlie the cougar with him, he wouldn’t have succeeded and could’ve fallen off the ledge. He seemed very frightened about the “fear” place, and I think the cougar must’ve given him hope of succeeding and finding his family.
If the cougar was not there to help guide Doug across the small ridge then Doug would have not succeeded. Doug could have been to scared and not have done it, but when he thought about the Charlie the cougar it calmed him down and gave him more confidence to walk across the ridge.
whoops. I mean't to say "Doug would not succeed" Sorry
I think Doug would of succeeded without the cougar because he had the strength and faith in himself. If you set your mind to something then you will succeed but if you don't trust yourself well good luck!
I do not think that Doug would have survived without Charlie (the cougar) because Charlie used many simple techniques that Doug followed precisely so he would not fear the danger of falling. Charlie showed extreme stability and swiftness, which gave Doug the confidence to continue to search for his brother, Gordon. Doug overcame his fear just like his dad did, but he couldn’t of done it on his own. If it weren’t for Charlie Doug wouldn’t have found Gordon. He wouldn’t even attempt on crossing that steep ledge.
Post a Comment