In Chapter 6, as Matt recovers, he thinks, "It wasn't just enough to say an awkward thank you. He needed to give something in return." What can you
infer about Matt's values from his thoughts? How might a person with different values-such as Ben- respond to the offer of help from someone?
36 comments:
I think that he really cares about the indians so he wants to thank them. He thought smart about the akward thank you so he decides to give of a book that means a lot to him. the Iandians also probaly mean a lot to him because they saved his life. I think Ben would not have helped Matt in this situation because he is no loving and caring like the indians. Ben would not help a stranger but the indians helped a stranger who was a white man. Not only that but lots of white men kill indian people and they still helped him.
I think that Matt is grateful for the Indians so he thinks that they deserve much more than just a thank you so he has to give them something more. so he decides to send
them a book that means a lot to him.
Ben would have probably left him suffering there.
I think that Matt values help very much and would like to be kind to them in return. On the other hand someone like Ben would have been too thankful. He might have thanked Matt for the delicious meal, but that was only to gain Matt's trust. Possibly someone like Ben may not even thank the Indian at all.
I think that Matt is very grateful to the Indians because they rescued him. He wants to say thanks and he knows that a simple thanks won't be enough. He then decides to give them the book. Ben wouldn't have done the same because he pretends to be nice but isn't. Ben probably wouldn't have done anything.
I think that ben cares about the indians because they saved his life. Ben wants to give the indians a gift for saving his life. The indians really cared about ben because he would not help the indians
I think Matt is very thankful and grateful for the Indian man who saved him from an injury. He just doesn't want to say a simple and awkward thank you so he decides to give the Indians a book which means a lot to Matt. Ben would of done nothing because he's not sweet and kind like Matt. Ben probably wouldn't even say thanks.
I think Matt is very thankful that the indians saved his life.He wants to give them a gift in return. He wants to give the indians the book. I don't think Ben would do something like that because he is a careless theif. If Ben was there he would leave Matt and go to his cabin to get more stuff.
I thing Matt was relieved when the Indian saved him. Even though he treasured the book that he was about to give the the Indian, "He needed to give something in return." If Ben taken the place a of Matt when the Indian saved him, I don't think Ben would thank the Indian or give anything to him, because Ben had stolen Matt's father's rifle.
I think that Matt was very thankful that the Indians saved his life from the bees. Matt really wanted to pay the Indian back not just by saying a feeble "Thank You" so he was very generous to give the Indian that saved his life his own copy of "Robinson Crusoe" that he very dearly treasured. I think that if a man like Ben(a fat,sneaky thief that stole Matt's father's gun) encountered a heroic rescue like this, he'd probably shoot the Indian in the head and run.
I think Matt was just very thankful, because the Indians saved his life. He should give the Robinson Crusoe book, because just saying "Thank you" is nothing. Plus: What if Matt died? Matt wouldn't know that he died. Also: Matt wouldn't lose his life just for a book he liked. The world is about your life not a book. A guy like Ben(guy who stole Matt's father's rifle)would do nothing because he's not a good man.
I think that he is polite and took the Indian advice from his dad.He probably was really thankful to the Indian who saved him too.If Ben was given the treatment,he might say that he would do it by himself.He could not thank the guy.
I think that Matt was very thoughtful to give the Indians the book. The indians saved his life so he is grateful. He treasured the book " Robinson Crusoe " so he gave it to the indians to symbolize his thanks. Ben would probably not thank the indians for saving him. he would probably walk away.
Matt probably remembered his father's advice,and he chose wisely to follow it.Indian are kind people;therefore, they deserve to be treated with respect if they help you.Ben stole Matt's father's prized rifle and does not need to be respected by.He should be despised.Indians wold be thankful for Matt's book,"Robinson Crusoe."Ben wouldn't care if Matt gave him a simple book.Indians would be more respectful.
I think Matt is very thankful that the Indians saved his life from the bees and gave him medicine and food. If matt really want did to pay the Indians back with just a thank you.So he was kind enough to give a book of "Robinson Crusoe" which he loved to read over and over.I think a person like ben (the person who stole matt's father's rifle) whould either walk away or maybe even hurt the Indians and run off.
I think that Matt was very grateful to the Indians for saving his life. Most Indians are enemies with white men, but Saknis and Attean were kind enough to save Matt. They also gave Matt medicine and brought him food, so Matt thought a "thank you" wasn't enough. That's why he offered his only book, "Robinson Crusoe" to the Indians. Ben would take it for granted. He wouldn't care if someone saved his life. He might steal from them, hurt them or even kill them!
I think Matt was lucky and grateful to the Indians for helping him. He wants to do or give them something in return, but he didn't want to give them a regular thank you. He wanted to give something special. So he gave his favorite book Robinson Crusoe book. For Ben, he would not help Matt at all even though he pretended to be nice, but even though he wasn't. He had stole Matt's father's rifle and never came back.
Cross out the two last sentences
If it was Ben, he wouldn't be grateful to the indians who saved him. He would just keep asking them for more things. If they didn't do it he might hurt them and maybe their tribe members too!
Matt was grateful and wanted to give something in return because the Indians gave him moccasins, took care of him, and fed him.If it were Ben, he wouldn't probably wouldn't even say a thank you. He would just ask for more things becuase he is a selfish and greedy man. He even stole Matt's father's gun!
I think that Matt was very grateful to the Indians for saving his life. The Indians even saved him even though whites and blacks are enemies. Instead of a simple thank you he wanted to give something much more. He thought about then he got it. He would give the Indians his most prized and only book! If Ben got saved by the Indians I don't think he'll even say a simple thank you. Instead he would probably keep asking for things. He might even injure or kill him.
I think Matt was very kind to the Indians and offered his book. But a person like Ben would be more and more greedy. If Ben was saved by the Indians he might even turn his back on them and kill the Indians when they aren't looking.Ben may have good acting but in his heart he is an evil man.
i think ben is thankful to the indians because they saved his life. He was relating to his chief back home so it would akward. Ben would have killed all the indians and take all their food and value items
in the first sentence its Matt not Ben
I think Ben is greatful to the I
Indians. I think that he needs to say more than thank you so he gave saknis a book that meant a lot to him.
I think Matt is really kind to the Indians and wants to give them something for helping him and caring for him
Matt's father always said that one should always respect Indians. This is probably why Matt thought that it was not enough just to say a simple thank you. He has values of a kind and respectful person. Although Indians disliked white men, two mysterious Indians saved Matt from the terrifying bees. Puzzled by the event, Matt did not know how to thank them. Eventually, he gave them a book. Ben is a completely different figure. He is arrogant and ill-mannered. His reaction would be very much different. He would take advantage of the Indian’s help and dismiss them like a teacher does to her students. The Indian’s did so much for Matt. They nursed him back to proper form. They even fed him. Matt could not think abut saying nothing more than a thank you. He studied the whole cabin in order to find anything sufficient enough for his rescuers. In conclusion, Matt and Ben’s personalities are extremely different.
I can infer that that Matt’s values are to be kind and always repay people if they help you. He knows that the Indians really spent a lot of time and energy in helping him, and he knows that he should give something in return. I also know that Matt has a good heart because he gave something valuable. A person like Ben, with mean values, would either refuse the help, not acknowledge the person who helped, or use the person’s help in a bad way.
I think that Matt was very thankful that the indians saved him,gave him medicine took care of him basically did a lot for him.So instead of a simple akward thank you, he gave the Indians his only book called"Robinson Crusoe".Also Ben would never help person because he is not that kind of a guy that would help someone and he stole Matts father's riffle so he will be dishonest.
I think Matt was grateful that Saknis and Attean had helped him get better. He offered his only book to them for their generosity and kindness. An example would be when they rescued Matt from the swarming bees. A person like Ben however, would be greedy to takes whatever he wants. An example would be stealing Matt’s Father’s precious gun.
I think he should do what the Indian chief wanted and gave him the Robison Crusoe books, because after all, the Indian and his grandson saved his life after all.And, they also gave him a new pair of moccasins,and fed him. Ben might say no because he is more of a criminal, not a teacher. However, he might also say yes because he is clever and he was with the Indians before. (I do not think it was with the beaver tribe though)
I think a person with different values would probably not react the same way. Take Ben for an example. Ben would probably not even say thank you! If he did think it was neccecary, he probably not give it as much thought.
I think Matt was very kind and thoughtful to think about what to give to the Indians. He didn't just want to say an akward thanks. Instead he gave them his most prized possession, Robinson Crusoe. Ben would probably say thanks and act nice, but while they are sleeping, steal all their valuable items. Like he did to Matt.
I think he was smart to give the book to them because after all, they had saved his life, fed him, and gave him a pair of moccasins. In addition, since they had saved his life, he gave him something he had really valued. (“Robison Crusoe”) on the other hand Ben, (the person that stole Matt’s father’s precious rifle) might just hurt and kill him saying nothing and run away.
Post a Comment